This December we'll be busy with ProD&D, our beloved dm-helping random map generator on android. We have quite a bit of overhaul to finalize and features to implement for it. This doesn't mean Pro-D won't get any attention, on the contrary some features we're making for ProD&D will be ported into Pro-D, but that's to come later in the game.
We'll be making updates to Pro-D as usual and here's a nice list of things we're contemplating of implementing:
- Random number of doors per room.
- Random or adjustable corridor width.
- Multiple levels in one map.
- Generation of rooms inside rooms.
- Item generation and placement on map.
- Fluid generation and placement on map.
- Secret rooms and doors as well as locked doors and keys.
- 2D toolkit support.
- Build-time generation.
More features planned by GLS:
- Step by step map generator viewer.
- Overhauling the walking script.
- Connecting staircases/entrances/exits with maps.
- Overhauling the theme system.
- Adding zone divisions into map generation.
- Zone based monster and item spawning.
- Item and inventory system.
- Additional algorithms for making humongous worlds.
(If you'd like to make an addition to this list, please go ahead and tell us and we'll add it!)